Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shiloh reviewed by Connor

Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor


144 pages


A Dell Yearling book


1991


Reviewed by Connor


Marty, the main character,  is a nice, calm,  good person. He is a character  that will do anything to save a dog named Shiloh.  He is considered poor, but I think Marty’s heart is very faithful.  Marty has a friend that always listens to him,  and does not spill secrets about the dog or the pen that the dog lives in.  This friends name is David.


Shiloh was in the bushes and followed Marty.  When Marty found Shiloh behind him he ran to  the field and made a pen for Shiloh.  He did this because he wanted to save Shiloh. Judd is trying to kill Shiloh because he is not a good hunting dog. In the middle Shiloh got attacked by German shepherds and Shiloh was ripped to the bone. Marty and his dad took him to the doctor.  After the surgery the doctor took him to Marty. The German shepherds made their parents know about Shiloh.


There are lots of messages in this book.  I think the most important message is to fight for something you love.  Marty fought for Shiloh.  I think this because Marty said, “You mistreated him so I took him.”


This book maintains a lot of suspenseful, happy moments.  If you like happy ending this is a book for you.  I recommend this to people of all ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment