Monday, April 29, 2013

DSA #4: A Wedding for Wiglaf? reviewed by Allie

Dragon Slayers' Acadmey #4: A Wedding for Wiglaf? by Kate McMullan
91 Pages
Grosset and Dunlap
1998
Reviewed by Allie

"Yes, my boy," Mordred said happily, "you are about to get MARRIED!"

This books shows the friendship of Erica, Angus, and Wiglaf. This book also shows about how Mordred will do anything for gold, he'll even make Wiglaf get married for a pot of it!

This book shows the true friendship between Angus, Erica, and Wiglaf. For example, when Wiglaf told Erica that he was getting married, Erica said that she would help him out of it. I really like this book because it's surprising what happens at the end. This (to me) is the best book in the series, so far! The reason I think this is because I really like the ending and all the suspense.

Fitting in, kindness, and appearance are all something that represent DSA kids Angus, Erica, and Wiglaf. Wiglaf is the ultimate example of kindness because he cares for his friends and his pet pig, Daisy.

The main message in the story is "You shouldn't be forced to do something when you don't want to do them."

So far I've read DSA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. But to me number 4 is the most surprising of all of them! Number 5 was surprising, but not as surprising as number 4!

Along with the suspense in this fantasy story there's also friendship and teamwork.

I highly recommend this book for ages 8 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment